HOST Members Offer Healthy Thanksgiving Ideas
November 25, 2015
Thanksgiving is almost here, and HOST members are reminding us of things to be thankful for and ways to make the holiday healthy as well as fun.
- The Alliance for a Healthier Generation suggests we "give T.H.A.N.K.S this season" through an acronym that reminds us how to stay healthy.
- It's Time Texas offers "Three Tips for a Healthier Thanksgiving!"
- The American Heart Association shares a heart-healthy version of a holiday classic, Green Bean Casserole.
- The National Recreation and Park Association used social media to ask people "What would you thank a park and recreation professional for?" Here are some of their responses.
- The Afterschool Alliance urges us to "help defend child nutrition programs" as a way of receiving thanks this Thanksgiving.