$25,000 Grants Available for Out-of-School Time Programs
January 30, 2018
The National Recreation and Park Association, a HOST member, has announced the availability of grant funds from the Walmart Foundation to support children's health through park and recreation out-of-school-time programs.
Grants in 2018 will focus on three main goals:
- Increasing the number of healthy meals children receive through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) or the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) during out-of-school times;
- Providing evidence-based nutrition literacy to children and families that creates behavior change, including increased consumption of fruits and vegetables; and
- Implementing healthy living practices and policies aligned with the evidence-based healthy eating and physical activity standards that increase access to healthier foods and support a healthy environment.
- Be a local government agency (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, community services department, etc.)
- Serve meals/snacks through the SFSP and/or the CACFP or NSLP in 2018
- Have not received funding from NRPA for a previous healthy out-of-school time grant
Applications are due at 11:59PM EST on Friday, March 16, 2018 and must be submitted online. NRPA anticipates funding twenty (20) local park and recreation agencies with one-year, $25,000 grants.