Cook Up Some Delicious Recipes from HOST Members
November 9, 2015
As we head into cooler weather and the holiday season, it's time to get cooking! Several HOST members have recipes to share.
- The American Heart Association has a site full of heart-healthy recipes, with recent dishes including Slow Cooker Panang Curry with Chicken and Cauliflower Rice, Spaghetti-Squash Spaghetti, and Black Bean Soup.
- Build Our Kids' Success (BOKS) offers a Warm Quinoa, Kale, and Chickpea Salad.
- Salud America! tells us of the great collection of recipes at the site Nuestra Cocina Saludable: Recipes from Our Community Kitchen, from the Institute for Health Promotion Research at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- The Alliance for a Healthier Generation gathered a number of spooky recipes for "A Monster Mash Menu of the Healthiest Variety." While Halloween is now past, what kid wouldn't still like Boo-nana Bites or a Green Goblin smoothie?
- And Share Our Strength/No Kid Hungry reminds us that "Recipes Are Guidelines," and "it is a joyous occasion when you get participants to experiment with the recipe."