The latest in our regular roundups of healthy eating and physical activity news from HOST members and others.
- It's Computer Science Education Week, so Alliance for a Healthier Generation is offering "four ideas to blend computer science and implementation of the National AfterSchool Association (NAA) Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Standards," developed by HOST.
- Salud America shares how eighth-grade students in Kansas City, Kansas are conducting "walking audits" around their middle school to see how friendly the area is for kids and families to walk.
- The National League of Cities explains how its is helping over 30 cities connect kids with better nutrition and enrichment programming, including the federally-funded Afterschool Meal Program.
- Afterschool Alliance gives us some examples of how schools and other organizations supported healthy eating and physical activity during the annual Lights On Afterschool event this year.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Culture of Health Blog profiles America's Grow-a-Row, a nonprofit farm in Pittstown, N.J., that provides fresh produce to people in underserved communities, as well as hands-on education to kids about healthy eating.