HOST Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Roundup, December 4, 2017
December 4, 2017
The latest in our regular roundups of healthy eating and physical activity news from HOST members and others.
- It's Computer Science Education Week, so Alliance for a Healthier Generation is offering "four ideas to blend computer science and implementation of the National AfterSchool Association (NAA) Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Standards," developed by HOST.
- Salud America shares how eighth-grade students in Kansas City, Kansas are conducting "walking audits" around their middle school to see how friendly the area is for kids and families to walk.
- The National League of Cities explains how its is helping over 30 cities connect kids with better nutrition and enrichment programming, including the federally-funded Afterschool Meal Program.
- Afterschool Alliance gives us some examples of how schools and other organizations supported healthy eating and physical activity during the annual Lights On Afterschool event this year.
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Culture of Health Blog profiles America's Grow-a-Row, a nonprofit farm in Pittstown, N.J., that provides fresh produce to people in underserved communities, as well as hands-on education to kids about healthy eating.