The latest in our regular roundups of healthy eating and physical activity news from HOST members and others.
- The Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) is holding its next Afterschool Meals Matter Conference Call on Thursday, March 7, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. ET, on "Developing Your Summer Meals Outreach Plan." They say, "This call will cover ways to partner with schools, advocates, summer program providers, and other partners to develop a marketing plan that can increase the visibility of the program and build participation." Learn more and register.
- FRAC has released its annual School Breakfast Scorecard, which shows that through the School Breakfast Program, more low-income children across the country are getting the nutrition they need to learn and thrive.
Tips and Ideas
- Encouraging healthy habits in children and youth means setting good examples. It's Time Texas offers "Ideas to Create a Healthy Community," with ways to engage your work community and ways to engage both adults and children in your neighborhood.
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation shares ways to "Cultivate a Healthy and Happy Heart."
- Be a "Physical Activity Detective" with the Play of the Day from Build Our Kids Success (BOKS).
- Marathon Kids profiles Beth Elk Looks Back, who has worked at the Boys & Girls Club of Rosebud, on South Dakota’s Rosebud Indian Reservation, since 2013. Elk Looks Back launched the Marathon Kids program there in 2018 as part of her commitment to instilling healthy habits.