HOST Healthy Eating And Physical Activity Roundup, May 24, 2018
June 1, 2018
The latest in our regular roundups of healthy eating and physical activity news from HOST members and others.
Tips and Ideas
- The Safe Routes to School National Partnership offers several "NEW Resources for Bike Month," including ways to incorporate bicycle education into physical education.
- Have a deck of cards? A "Play of the Day" from BOKS (Build Our Kids Success) shows you how to use it to get kids moving.
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation shares "6 Ways To Take Wellness On The Road This Summer."
- Salud America! profiles the school district of Robstown, Texas, which implemented a school dinner program to provide healthy meals for students who stayed late for tutoring, sports, or other afterschool events.
- The Food Research & Action Center recently recognized National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day by reminding us that research shows food security and participation in school meal programs strongly influences positive mental health outcomes in children and teens.