The latest in our regular roundups of healthy eating and physical activity news from HOST members and others.
- American Heart Association CEO Nancy Brown responded to the recently released 2016 National Survey of Children’s Health (NSCH) by noting, "While there are glimpses of progress in some states ... the fact remains that 3 out of 10 children ages 10-17 are either overweight or obese, putting them at increased risk of developing lifelong chronic diseases. Continuing to improve access to healthy, affordable foods throughout every child’s day is critical to heart health."
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation offers "4 Fresh Activities" for promoting water consumption to kids, and a new resource to "freshen up your snack menu."
- The Food Research and Action Center shares thoughts from educators and advocates "on the front lines" of school breakfast.
- The principal of an elementary school in a low-income neighborhood near Little Rock, Arkansas, worked with No Kid Hungry to transform student attitudes and focus through a new school breakfast program.
- Salud Today highlights how a group of youth leaders in Sacramento are advocating for increased walking and bicycling in their city.
Read More Roundup News