Research & Evaluation Partnerships
NIOST researchers work with on-the-ground partners to help them:
- Measure quality outcomes for all
- Assess the effectiveness of policies and practices
- Benchmark against best practices
- Develop in-house evaluation skills
- Inform the greater field
Working with partners, we ask important questions on topics and issues that are most important to them, their staff, the youth they serve, and their community, such as:
- What do we do well?
- How can we invest our limited resources to get the best benefits all around?
- What are our youth learning in our programs?
- How can our staff measure the impact of their work?
- Are we providing quality for all?
We empower our partners—from individual programs to system-wide networks—to help ensure quality OST for all. Our recent partners include:
- American Museum of Natural History
- Foundation for MetroWest
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Philadelphia Citywide Out-of-School Time Initiative (COI)
- The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- U.S. Department of Education, 21st CCLC Program along with Global Evaluation & Applied Research Solutions, Inc
- Wyoming Afterschool Alliance, Quality Practices and Implementation
- Boston After School & Beyond
- National Center on Afterschool and Summer Enrichment
- Wyoming Afterschool Alliance, Quality Initiative