Research & Evaluation Partnerships
NIOST researchers work with on-the-ground partners to help them:
- Measure quality outcomes for all
- Assess the effectiveness of policies and practices
- Benchmark against best practices
- Develop in-house evaluation skills
- Inform the greater field
Working with partners, we ask important questions on topics and issues that are most important to them, their staff, the youth they serve, and their community, such as:
- What do we do well?
- How can we invest our limited resources to get the best benefits all around?
- What are our youth learning in our programs?
- How can our staff measure the impact of their work?
- Are we providing quality for all?
We empower our partners—from individual programs to system-wide networks—to help ensure quality OST for all. Our recent partners include:
- American Museum of Natural History
- Belle Chase Academy
- City Year, Inc.
- Fairfax County School Age Child Care & Neighborhood Community Services
- Gaston Boys & Girls Club
- Maine Department of Education
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- New Jersey School-Age Care Coalition
- Truman Pierce Institute at Auburn University
- Providence After School Alliance
- Somerville Public Schools
- Wyoming Department of Education