The Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes Youth Survey: SAYO Y
The Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes Youth Survey (SAYO Y) is designed to complement the SAYO S and T and the APT, or to be used on its own. SAYO Y is to be completed by youth online. Research suggests that certain youth experiences and outcomes are critical to youth's future success. In line with this research, the SAYO Y is comprised of three surveys; youth's experiences in the afterschool program; youth's sense of competence; and youth's future planning and expectations.
The SAYO Y is adaptable; programs can administer all or portions of the SAYO Y depending on their goals. For an overview of the SAYO Y and how it fits into the APAS system, download the APAS brochure (pdf).
Goals of Training:
- Learn about SAYO - and how it should be used.
- Learn how to:
- Plan your SAYO Y data collection.
- Customize the SAYO Y tools to align with your goals.
- Prepare staff to administer the SAYO Y to youth.
- Collect SAYO Y data.
- Understand and use your findings.
- Afterschool staff, coordinators or directors, supervisors, and 21st CCLC personnel interested in utilizing the APAS system.
Training Format Options:
If you are interested in SAYO Y, you may also be interested in the SAYO S & T and the APT.